SCP-044
rating: 0+x

Item #: SCP-044

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Object is kept in a low-security ten (10) foot by ten (10) concrete room, as mandated for all SCP objects.

Description: SCP-044 has the outwards appearance of a plain wooden shipping crate; it is a cube measuring one point five (1.5) meters on each side. On the top-left corner of the side right of the opening, "WARNING: FRAGILE" is stenciled in black paint. The crate's mass is normal for a wooden container of its size. It does not burn and cannot be destroyed by any known method. The panels are held together by nails made of common, low-grade iron. These nails cannot be removed.

One of the sides is held inside a groove and can be slid out with some effort, revealing the inside of the box to be unremarkable. Entering SCP-044 and closing the side has no effect on animals or mechanical devices; cameras will only record static. SCP-044 seems to shield all forms of electromagnetic radiation and sound waves from exiting or entering. Human trials have suggested that the box contains some sort of "higher truth". When a human or sentient lifeform enters the crate and closes the lid, there is an eighty seven percent (87%) chance of instant mental degradation and extreme psychosis coupled with an inability to communicate. All of these subjects have committed suicide within two (2) weeks. However, the thirteen (13%) that survive (due to extreme mental fortitude) have reported seeing an "absolute truth", indescribable to others who have not experienced it.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License